Information about good local places to eat around the North Devon area.
Tearooms and snacks
The Cream Tea Cafe
Church Lane, Barnstaple
- Good food and lovely cream teas - does what it says on the name!!
- slightly tucked away but it you take the central exit from the indoor market on Butchers Row side and walk through the little lane opposite you will find it on the left hand side.
- Getting very popular so time it right.
Woody's Fish andChip Restaurant
Tel: 01271 321242
94 Boutport Street,Barnstaple
- Almost opposite the Post Office in Boutport Street
- Less than one minute's walk from the Queens Theatre
- Probably the best fish and chips in Barnstaple.
- Plenty of seating and food cooked to order.
- Wheelchair friendly
- Open early morning 'til 9pm in the summer
Giovanni's Italian Restaurant
Tel 01271 321 274
35 Boutport Street Barnstaple
- Italian restaurant opposite the Queens Theatre, - with dishes for vegetarians too
- Relaxed atmosphere (sometimes!!) can be quite lively
- Excellent and friendly service - some good looking Italian men for the ladies!!
- Can pre-book a Theatre meal, so wined & dined in time for the evenings entertainment
- Wheelchair friendly at front of restaurant then set of small narrow steps.
- OPENING TIMES: MONDAY - SATURDAY
LUNCH: 12:00-2:30 AND EVENING: 6:00-11:00
|Fremington Quay cafe|
Tel: 01271 268720
Fremington Quay, Fremington, Barnstaple, Devon EX31 2NH
- Just outside Barnstaple between Bickington & Fremington
- Family run
- Wholesome/home-made and local food - VERY nice too!!
- Does get VERY busy especially in the holidays so get there early if you can
- Cafe is in the old Station building on (what was) the Barnstaple to Bideford track now the Tarka Trail
- Plenty of walking - very popular with cyclists as a stop off point
- Two rocky beaches one either end of the Quay
Sorry - best pic available
Tel. 01271 816445
16 South Street,Braunton EX33 2AA
- Local fish and chip shop.
- Also restaurant.
- Home-made pizzas etc
- Excellent value for money
- Very friendly young,efficient establishment and suitable for all,whether you are an octogenarian, a family or a surfer.
- Does have wheelchair access, but limited space in the restaurant.
Squires Fish Restaurant
Exeter Road Braunton
- Local fish and chip shop with a restaurant alongside. Suitable for all.
- Wheelchair access available,but some steps inside
- Can get extremely busy at peak times
Tel 01271 890349
Main Street, Croyde
- Qaint thatched pub/restaurant
- Very popular with surfers (surfing videos always on the go)
- B & B available
- Good food reasonably priced
Breakfast 8.30 - 12
Food served 12 noon 'til 10pm
- Close to Croyde beaches
- Some parking, but paying car park nearby
Really good general site for North Devon...includes lots of places to eat out, places to stay and visit
Pubs such as:-
The Chichester Arms, Barnstaple
The Williams Arms, Wrafton (nr Braunton)
The Thatch at Croyde
Restaurants such as:-
Giovanni's in Barnstaple
Boston Tea Party in Barnstaple